Pierce@60: Celebrating our past - looking to the future
Franklin Pierce University is ever-evolving. As we embark on our 60th anniversary, we reflect on our history with an eye toward the future. Fueled by an institutional commitment to long-range planning and with the support of a community invested in the success of students and the University, we are poised to proactively pursue opportunities and adapt to challenges as we celebrate our 60th year in 2022. The array of pressures currently shaping higher education, from shrinking enrollment demographics and questions around the value of a college degree to the unknown long-term impacts of the global pandemic, pushes us to imagine our future with a sense of renewed purpose and urgency. By taking bold and innovative action, we are providing an education that is both relevant and enduring for our Ravens.
Since 1962, Franklin Pierce University has empowered thousands of undergraduate and graduate students to achieve academic excellence and lead meaningful, successful lives. Drawing from our strong foundation in liberal education, we offer majors and programs that develop essential, professional skills; promote close connections between students, faculty members, and staff; and position our students to realize their potential through highly personalized, financially accessible academic offerings. We continue to explore new models and programs that build on our legacy of excellence and help students increase their knowledge, direct their passions, and graduate as qualified, engaged leaders.
Franklin Pierce encompasses a far-reaching geographic and virtual network. Regardless of whether programs are delivered online or from our campus in Rindge, New Hampshire; our academic centers in Manchester, and Lebanon, New Hampshire and Goodyear, Arizona, we meet students where they are, enabling them to succeed academically and prepare for rewarding careers across a breadth of fields.
While our geographic footprint is expansive, our physical locations and academic programs share a common focus: cultivating students’ success and helping them achieve their goals within a highly personalized learning environment. Whether they are residential undergraduates, online learners, or participants in a full-time, on ground allied health graduate program, Franklin Pierce students acquire the skills required for success in tomorrow’s workforce while cultivating the depth of knowledge embodied within a traditional liberal education.
To ensure our viability as a dynamic, relevant institution, we are increasing our visibility in the New England region through partnerships with corporate leaders and policymakers; deepening our Arizona-based programs to strengthen our presence in that promising market; exploring credentialing programs and other offerings that enhance students’ opportunities; bolstering our reputation as a destination school for health programs; and developing our innovative Pathways to provide students with a clear direction to professional success.
To remain successful within a highly competitive 21st-century marketplace, Franklin Pierce must continue to deliver an education that is both rigorous and relevant. We will achieve this goal by making strategic investments in our campus, centers, and cornerstone undergraduate programs; by continuing to develop and promote graduate and professional programs that align with the needs of prospective students and employers; and by strengthening our relationships with partners, alumni, and donors.
- The Grand Monadnock Climb
- The Bubble
- Pearly Pond
- Spirit Leaders
- Boat Regatta Fails
- Boat Regatta Success
- Buffalo Chicken Wednesday
- Raven Row
- Sledding on the Manor Lawn
- Outdoor Classes
- The New Fieldhouse Floor
- Nursing’s Simulation Lab at the Manchester Center
- Close Connections with Faculty and Staff
- Professors’ Lasting Impact
- Growing Opportunities
- Our Dedicated Board of Trustees
- Flexible Learning Options
- A Diverse and Supportive Community
- The Energy at Commencement
- Our 24 NCAA Sports
- Our Reach from New Hampshire to Arizona and Beyond
- Our Alumni
- Academic Showcase
- Raven Recreation
- The Marlin Fitzwater Center for Communication
- Training the Next Generation of Caregivers through our Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, and Nursing Graduate Programs
- The vision of Frank S. DiPietro
- The energy of the Raven Marching Band
- Hiking trails throughout our 1,200 acre campus
- Ice-skating on Pearly Pond
- NE-10 Championships
- The Library Café
- Student programming that supports all students
- Giving back to the region through community service
- Parents and families for their support of our students
- Opportunities through the Center for Professional Programs & Partnerships
- Commitment to the environment and sustainability
- Fostering leadership skills with the Raven Leadership Academy
- The Manor's Own Edna!
- Technology upgrades that enhance the classroom experience
- Professors with real-world experience
- Big Rob Hannings!
- Internships that help students get jobs
- The Library and archives collection
- Temple Grandin '70
- The ski slope
- Seven National Championships
- Our pioneer classes
- Franklin Pierce University Fire Department
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- FPU Winter Carnival with performers like Janis Joplin
- Long-range planning aimed at long-term sustainably
- Our new institutional website
- Lifelong friendships
- The Lebanon Academic Center
- The Manchester Academic Center
- The Goodyear Academic Center
- The Rindge Campus
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES FROM YOUR TIME AT FRANKLIN PIERCE?
Was it seeing Janis Joplin play her first solo concert in the Fieldhouse? Perhaps it was participating in “The Walk” or the annual Mount Monadnock climb? Do you most recall classes with your favorite professors that forged lifelong relationships? No matter the memory, our collective experiences have defined what it means to be a Raven. That's why we are inviting you to share your photos and memories with us for use in future publications and celebrations.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS, VIDEOS, AND MEMORIES HERE!
Experience Pierce@60 Through Film and Photo Slideshow